Sender:
From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 23:02:57 -0400
Comments:
From Tom McArdle, in part
>Too bad Sports Illustrated doesn't cover us, but that's no big loss.  There
>are other sources for the information
>we all need and want...with HOCKEY-L being a great way to follow the sport.
>And with expanded cable lines
>feeding much of the nation, new sports networks will increase coverage for
>those unable to make it to the
>arena.  It's better than it was a decade ago and I expect the future to
>continue improving.

"Expanded cable lines" - HAH ! You must work for the industry.

I, for one, can't get ESPN2 and not for lack of complaining.  Of course,
they have plenty of room for shopping channels.

If you had reviewed the numerous threads during the championship weeks, you
would have seen the great numbers of posts from fans asking how they could
see their teams on TV from Albany, etc.  Well, the most common solution was
- buy a DBS dish.

Now, I know someone has to originate the programming, and it is mostly the
regional sports networks (by the benevolence of the NC$$) who do so, but
how does it get to YOU in your home.  IMHO, it will only get worse before
it gets better.

        ****** If you can read this, thank your monitor *******