From:
"Mark J. Sonnier" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark J. Sonnier
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 07:04:41 -0009
At 11:36 PM 3/18/96 -0500, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> I am very upset over the alleged comments someone said I made.  Since I am
>not  on the internet , I was informed by a couple of coaches. They both said
>these comments didn't sound like me.  I would like to see the article(s) from
>the paper where  these quotes appeared.  If someone has this article(s),
>please fax it to me at 719-389-6873.
> I apologize to all the great teams and fans from Hockey East and the ECAC.
> I have tremendous respect for the coaches and players from both leagues.
> There is no difference in the quality of college hockey played in the East
>or West.
> I know how ridiculous this is when I see I was quoted as saying I would
>trade a #1 West seed for a #3  East seed. There isn't  a coach who would
>rather play two games  instead of one to get to the final four.  We worked
>hard all year long to get a bye in the NCAAs and were justly rewarded.
> There are outstanding teams across the country and the NCAA tournament
>should be exciting for the teams and fans.  I hope I have seen the last of
>these quotes. I wish all the teams good luck.  Don Lucia

I was suspect all along, as this whole thing did not sound like the Don
Lucia we in
Alaska have known for a long time.  Not only is Don very articulate and
aware of his role with the media, I just don't believe he would say anything
of that sort, even in the private confines of the locker room.  Nothing
positive can come from such a statement and Don knows this well.  I trust
this issue is effectively dead.

Mark J. Sonnier, C.P.M.
UAF '90