From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 15:35:27 -0500
Haven't heard much "Coach of the Year" talk. One
has got to consider Bruce Crowder once again! But,
what about beyond that? Is Bruce's work with the
Huskies so amazing that all other candidates are
not in the race. Crowder has my vote, for sure.

I do think Tim Whitehead should once again be
considered for "doing more with less" at Lowell
(although, he's gut quite a nice arena to work off
of now). Dick Umile and Jack Parker should once
again receive their kudos for guiding their
talented squads to national prominence. How about
Jerry York at BC ... or does everyone feel he
should get the "its about time" award? Seriously
though, he'll probably be Crowder's runner up in
my opinion and I imagine its warranted. This is a
yearly award based on current accomplishments ...
otherwise York would have a serious hole to dig
out of from previous years.

On the other end of the spectrum, what about Shawn
Walsh and Maine? He's got to be the best candidate
for worst coach of the year. I probably wouldn't
be as harsh on him had he not crafted that great
run to finish out last season. Anderson should
clearly have won more games with such a potent
scoring attack as Porter, Stringer and Laroche.
Mallen once again can't win even with all those
upperclassmen. Pooley, well I don't know about him
... his best is always saved for last ... except
for last year!

Go Lowell!!!