Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 20:53:03 -0500
On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Larry Winer wrote:

> Why should anyone object to a 90 player football team?

It'd be fun to watch.  The most I've ever seen is twelve, and
usually only eleven.  They only played for 5 to 10 seconds at
a time, then stood around for a lot longer than that.

Perhaps hockey would be more popular if it tried this.  Rather than
change on the fly, just stop the game until the players are rested.

> The idea of college athletics is to encourage participation- not reduce.

Funny thing...there were about ninety people dressed like players
standing around watching those eleven...Does anyone know why they
insist on being spectators rather than participating?

|   Michael Patrick Bresina   |     America's always had a problem     |
|  [log in to unmask]  |  with illegal aliens.  Ask any Indian. |
|           Common sense is what tells us the world is flat.           |
|             I don't judge a man by the color of his skin;            |
|            I judge him by his choice of internet provider.           |
|  I'm not an elevator boy, though I play one in some people's karma.  |