From:
Curtis_T <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 11:17:48 -0500
> Greg Ambrose wrote:
> I think it should go to a coach who has brought his team to a level
beyond
expectations.
As I recall, UNH was picked to finish 1 or 2, and stands to finish 1
or tied for 1 ( I don't pay strict attention to those posts, so whack
me if I'm wrong.) Though Greg cites valid concerns, this was the
consensus prediction for the team.  I tend to agree with Mike, that
Umile should be considered, but is by no means the only coach who
merits consideration, and no injustice will be done if he does not
win. And my perspective on last season versus this season for New
Hampshire is that the coach must share the blame for the
"underperformance" last year, not just be cited for turning it around
this year.In other words, UNH is performing more how it "ought" to be
performing this year. Is this to say Umile has not done a fine job?
No.

Tom Curtis, Region One LAUS/MLS