From:
Zac Halter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Zac Halter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 09:36:10 -0500
On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, Ted Halm wrote:

> Sure, college hockey doesn't get the national coverage it wants.  But,
> tell me why the season can't be shortened or adjusted by a week so the
> NCAA championship games doesn't fall on the same day as Final Four
> Saturday -- maybe the biggest day in all of sports.  To go head to head
> with NCAA basketball is a losing proposition.  You can't sell your sport
> when the competition is Goliath; whether it's a lacrosse style goal or a
> slingshot.

Zac Halter writes:

Ted makes an excellent point here!  Just who is the "marketing genius"
behind the scheduling of the hockey championship.  It seems like it would
be a "no brainer" to beat basketball to the punch by scheduling the
hockey championship on the weekend prior or the weekend after the
basketball championship.

The weekend after may be more appropriate since the "hoopla" of the
B-Ball championship would be over and fans who enjoy both sports could
give their full attention to them.

Zac Halter