Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 19:03:29 -0500
On Mon, 8 Apr 1996, Daniel Falk wrote:

> I couldn't help but think after reading some posts stating
> that a gifted athlete should grab any chance at a lucrative
> (or even semi-lucrative) contract in the the minors or Majors,
> that perhaps this opinion would have been less popular a short
> time ago?  It seems that if one proposes to put the completion
> of a degree on a lower level of priority than earning decent or
> great $ in another league, then he/she is really stating that:

I don't think that delaying a degree is necessarily placing it at
a lower level of priority.  It merely recognizes that the windows
of opportunity for the two are different.

To demonstrate this with an extreme example, consider the choice
between spending three hours learning about html or watching a
hockey game during that time.  If I spend the time reading, the
opportunity to see the game is lost.  However, I can always read
about html after the game is finished.

|   Michael Patrick Bresina   |     America's always had a problem     |
|  [log in to unmask]  |  with illegal aliens.  Ask any Indian. |
|      The Rendezvous Online Service      |           telnet           |
|          Interactive TradeWars!         |       205.243.194.68       |
|           Common sense is what tells us the world is flat.           |