From:
Steve Weisfeldt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 10:00:21 EDT
Was I the only one to notice that this past week's Sports Illustrated did
not have a SINGLE mention of Michigan's title win???  We've made comments
here over the last couple of years of how our sports seems to have gotten
better (although we've still got a long ways to go!) media coverage, with
ESPN2 doing several games and Sports Illustrated giving press to
individual players (e.g. Mike Grier) and running an occasional "Inside
College Hockey" column.  This, however, is the first time I can EVER
remember that NO mention was made of the college hockey championship game.

This, to me, is a major step backwards and I've already drafted a letter
of displeasure to SI.  Does anyone else feel the same way?  And I would've
thought that the school with the biggest alumni contingent would warrant
some coverage.  What if the millions of UM alumni/fans complained?

  - Steve