From:
Roger Spurgeon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roger Spurgeon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 1996 11:28:43 -0500
Some more thoughts & comments from Cincinnatti:

1) No matter what you think of the University of Michigan, the Band, &
"Hail to the Victors," Red, his staff, and his players are some of the
classiest people in sports today.  Congratulations, Red, on your 300th
victory.  Congratulations Wolverines, on your National Championship.  I,
personally, have sat through the past many years of OT losses and am
overjoyed at finally being able to sit back, take a deep breath, and
smile.

2) There are many Michigan Hockey fans that are good people and good fans
of College Hockey.  There are 100 times as many Michigan fans that are
good "Michigan" fans, but would be at a football or basketball game in a
minute.  I just wanted to say Thank You to all of the College Hockey
Michigan fans, & friends that I have made as a part of that group.  JohnH &
Sandy, Bruce & Rose, Linda, Pete, and Scott: I wouldn't have wanted to share
the joy of the championship with anyone else.

It was awesome to be in Cinci, it was even better to celebrate afterwards
with College Hockey fans from across the country (from Maine, Wisconsin,
New Hampshire, to name just a few of the gathering that celebrated with
us).  See you all in Milwaukee!

Drop the Puck!
roger :)

Roger L. Spurgeon              [log in to unmask]
Assistant Director -- Information Technology
Univ of Michigan Dept of Recreational Sports
1996 NCAA DIVISION I HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPS!
"Our day has come."            -Red Berenson