From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 07:21:10 -0700
On Wed, 20 Mar 1996, Mike Machnik wrote:

> I've spoken to WNDS-50, WABU-68, NESN, and SC.  Only WNDS is showing any
> games - Lowell Saturday and, should they win, Sunday as well.  Both live.
> And, in a conversation with Tim Burton of HE today, he mentioned that WNDS
> was the only station he knew of that was broadcasting any games in the
> Boston area.

It is truly ironic that I will be able to see at least part of the BU
game on TV here in Edmonton via satellite (thank you MSC) while those in
Boston cannot.  This list has heard plenty about building college hockey
interest vis a vis the shafting of Lowell.  However, even more than their
playing in Albany, TV coverage is crucial in building interest.  For
casual fans (few of which if any read this list) TV coverage indicates a
game or sport is more worthy of interest.

I smell a money problem here.  I wonder if the NC$$ is charging more for
the rights than they are worth on the open marketplace right now and
therefore cutting off thier nose to spite their face, not to mention
depriving many fans of the chance to see their team compete in the
tournament.

Maybe I just have a suspicious mind :-)

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!! NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!