From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 00:25:57 -0100
At 2:35 PM 3/13/96, The Commish wrote:
>There are rumblings around here that Minnesota might get bumped out east
>as a 3 seed because it seems that CC and LSSU or Michigan would have the
>western byes locked up.

I can't see it.  Remember that the committee has said that the byes will be
preserved within regions.  I would expect that if there are 7 West teams
and 5 East teams selected, then the bottom two West teams will go East and
the 5th East team will go West.  However, if MSU is in the bottom two West
teams and it is deemed that they must stay West to "enhance the draw", then
we'd probably see 4W get sent East instead.

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93