From:
Robin Lock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robin Lock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 14:23:43 EST
If we assume that:

(1)  BU has a lock on the No. 1 seed in the East
(2)  As Keith reported, the No. 2 East seed will be an Eastern team.

then I would think that either Clarkson or Vermont would get the
east No. 2 seed IF they win the ECAC tourney.

If Vermont wins the ECAC tourney, they would have both regular season
and tourney spots and probably beat Lowell in PWR - even if Lowell wins
Hockey East.

If Clarkson wins the ECAC, they might slide behind Lowell in PWR if
Lowell wins Hockey East, but they will would move past Vermont and would
be on a hot streak (12-0-1?) that even makes Mich Tech look cool (:>).
I think the committee would have a rough time giving BOTH Eastern byes
to Hockey East if there's a very strong candidate from the ECAC.

On the other hand, if Cornell or Harvard win the tourney in Lake Placid,

Robin Lock
St. lawrence University