From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 18:50:33 -0100
At 3:48 PM 3/10/96, Mike Bresina wrote:
>The decision not to participate was Maine's own.  I suspect the
>committee will have to offer them a bid if their criteria warrant it
>(almost a lock), which they'll decline.  If this is the case, the offer
>will still count toward HE's minimum of two; it's theoretically possible
>that the league would only get one team in the tourney, but Mass-Lowell
>would have to drop a bit for this to be a reality.

I haven't heard anything that would back this up.  We have no idea how the
committee actually will handle the Maine situation and its effects.  It's
important to point that out.  I think this is speculation here; there has
been a lot of that lately, and it's important to separate that from what we
actually know will happen, i.e., the statements made during the conference
call yesterday that Keith relayed in another message.

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93