From:
"(No Name)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 08:39:26 EST
On 3/10, Mike Machnik wrote:

>* Huskies seemed to be in good shape heading into the third up 3-1,
>as Dan Lupo had scored a SHG late in the second to give NU some breathing
>room.  NU came out strong in the third period but fell back on their
heels
>after Ed Campbell's PPG and even when tied, they played tentatively as if
>still protecting the lead.

I agree.  Lowell had a power-play at the end of the 2nd period, & we were
hoping to perhaps tie-up the game (or certainly go into the intermission
only down 2-1).  But then a bad cross-ice pass by Sbrocca back to the
point led to a 2-on-1 for NU, & they cashed in with a SHG.  Bad sign.

It must have been very satisfying for Sbrocca to setup the tying goal in
the 3rd period & then score the GWG with 1:05 to play.  Ah, sweet
redemption!!

Can't wait for this Friday's contest with Maine.  Lowell will have to play
better than they did against NU Saturday to beat Maine.  Although at times
they looked sharp, & they were certainly putting forth a good effort,
there were many sloppy/missed passes & yet more stupid penalties.  Maine
has nothing to lose at this point, & everything to gain - except perhaps a
ticket to the big dance.  I gotta believe they'd like to finish the season
by showing that they deserve to be in the NC$$ tourny, & winning the HE
title would probably send that message.

On 3/11, Greg Berge wrote:

>With the new pairwise out it looks like:
>
>  HE          ECAC          CCHA        WCHA
>  1. BU       6. Vermont    3. LSSU     2. CC
>  8. Lowell   7. Clarkson   4. UM       5. Minn
>             12. CORNELL    9. MSU
>                           10. WMU
>                           11. BGSU
> 16. Providence            14. SLU     13. Denver
>                                       15. NDU
>
>(Maine deleted 'cuz they cheated)

Has a decision about Maine been made yet?  I thought it had (they're out),
but these 2 posts seem to conflict.  If they haven't decided, what are
they waiting for?  The bids come out this Sunday, don't they?

Go River Hawks!!

-Dave