From:
Dave Reusch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Reusch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 1996 19:57:52 -0500
The University of New Hampshire Women's Ice Hockey Team has just
defeated Providence College, 3-2, for the ECAC Women's Championship.
Hold on to your hats, the winning goal was scored at 4:35 of
the fifth overtime!  Yes, the *fifth* overtime.  There was no scoring
(I believe) from sometime in the 2nd period until the game winner.
This is a new longest NCAA game, men or women.  I'll leave it to
others that were there to provide details.  It was a great game
all around and I salute both teams for their extraordinary efforts!

Our very own Mike and Heather Machnik also became the proud owners
of one of the gift certificates raffled today.  Way to go Mike!

David B. Reusch                    Great spirits have always
Glacier Research Group             encountered violent opposition
357 Morse Hall                     from mediocre minds
Univ. of New Hampshire                - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
(603) 862-1897