From:
"Kevin B. Powers" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin B. Powers
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 12:47:57 -0500
Thanks for the responses both privately and on the list

The results thus far are:

O'Flaherty sits for a game:  2
the DQ does not carry over:  1 (this one quoted chapter and verse)

However, the more interesting question to me is, what is the penalty to
Yale for a senior in his last game, getting DQ'ed.  I've posied this to
Wayne Smith who responded to me privately.

On Wed, 6 Mar 1996, Joshua Penn wrote:

> Yes, O'Flaherty will sit out one game next year.
>
> On Tue, 5 Mar 1996, I wrote (with spelling corrected):
>
> > Here's what happened.  After an even strength rush by Yale, and
> > the usually piling into the goalie.  O'Flaherty (SO) of Union and
> > Emmons (SR) of Yale got into a fight.  A REAL fight.  Several punches
> > were throw, including a few that hit the linesman.  It took all three
> > officials to separate them.  Both received game DQ's, but for Emmons the
> > senior, what ramifications does that have to the team for next year if
> > any?  Also, does O'Flaherty have to sit out the first game next year?
> > Remember, niether team is going to the playoffs.

Still Wondering/Kevin