From:
Doug Garn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 1996 20:08:09 -0500
Quoting Steven Bartley
it's how good the TEAM becomes by playing together.

And this is where LSSU has excelled at in the 90's.  By playing great
team hockey, especially at the end of the season.

Quoting Steven Bartley
I also don't understand why UM can beat some second division teams by 10-1,
13-0 and then LSSU struggles to beat these same teams and then LSSU cleans
out socks off.  Does this happen to other teams or do I think that UM is
alone in this field???  Does anyone have any guesses why UM "chokes" like
this?

ANY team can beat any other team on a given day.  Happens quite frequently
in sports where the celler dwellers in a sport beat the 1st or 2nd place
team.  Witness Merrimack beating BU this past week.  Here's another one.
I shoot in a pool league and we are in second place out of 29 teams.
A few weeks ago we were playing the LAST place team and they beat us
soundly 9-6!  This is the kind of match we should have won 13-2 or 14-1.
Can I explain it?  Not really.  I can only say that there guys played
above there capabilities and we played below theres.