Sender:
From:
Todd Myrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 1996 11:27:18 EST
Jim writes:
> ...then at a minimum the opening rounds should be staged on a Friday-Sunday
> basis (with the Friday losers sent home to cut lodging costs) to give the
> Friday winners a fighting chance to be competitive vs. the rested Top Seeds.

HEAR, HEAR, GREAT IDEA.  How hard could this *possibly* be to implement?
Instead of the East playing Fri/Sat, and West Sat/Sun, change the format to a
mandatory FRI/SUN Regional, to at least give the non-bye winning team from
Friday one day to rest...If the game is on Sunday at noon or 1pm, it would
still allow for team travel back to their schools Sunday afternoon/evening.

When are the NC$$ hockey committee summer meetings anyway?  I hear a valid
proposal in the works from the Minnesota and Lake State representatives :-)

Thanks!  Todd