Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 12:33:15 -0500
Mark Sonnier writes:
>At 11:36 PM 3/18/96 -0500, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>> I am very upset over the alleged comments someone said I made.  Since I am
>>not  on the internet , I was informed by a couple of coaches. They both said
>>these comments didn't sound like me.  I would like to see the article(s) from
>>the paper where  these quotes appeared.
>
>I was suspect all along, as this whole thing did not sound like the Don
>Lucia we in
>Alaska have known for a long time.  Not only is Don very articulate and
>aware of his role with the media, I just don't believe he would say anything
>of that sort, even in the private confines of the locker room.  Nothing
>positive can come from such a statement and Don knows this well.  I trust
>this issue is effectively dead.

This is just to inform people who may be wondering that the quote came
from an article in the Minnesota Daily.  Although the article did also
appear on HOCKEY-L, it did not originate here.

The article is still up on their web site at

 http://www.daily.umn.edu/daily/1996/03/11/sports/note11/

Pam Sweeney had posted the article last Wednesday with attribution;
she did not write it.  The article contains musings on possible NCAA
selections, with the quote in question at the tail end of the piece.

It has been emailed and faxed to Don, and now it appears to be a
matter for him and the Daily to work out.  Hopefully the result will
be made known to people here.

Mike Machnik                 [log in to unmask]           [log in to unmask]
*****      Unofficial Merrimack Hockey home page located at:        *****
***** http://www.tiac.net/users/machnik/MChockey/MChockey.html      *****