Sender:
From:
"Kevin B. Powers" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 12:39:38 -0500
Kurt provided an interesting (straight forward) way of determining who's in
and who's out.  His method picked the same 12 teams this year, and put 1/2
of them in the same place. The others were out position by a 2 shifts
(seeded +/-2 or E/W swap) But it is the (E/W swap) that has caused all
the controversy.

I wonder how Kurt's method would compare to 12 team seedings of years past?

If someone has the data, I'll do it, but it might take some time. (Exams to
take, classed to teach and tournaments to attend).  Kurt would you please
resend your method, I meant to save it but Oppp! the delete key is your
friend when you have over 200 messages Monday afternoon.

Kevin