Sender:
From:
"G. M. Finniss" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 1995 13:48:11 -0400
(This should have come out earlier this morning, but my mailer's a bit screwed
up today.)

John wrote:
>THE PALACE
>The best thing about the Palace is that it's nice and roomy.
>Everyone in attendance had five seats to themselves.  I wonder
>if "you're part of the largest crowd to be watching a college hockey
>game this evening" was announced at Munn in East Lansing last
>night. :-)

Nah, just the 169th sellout. :-)  Seriously, though, it is a bit of a shock
to see how poor attendance was at the Palace last night.  When Deron posted
his recap, I though the 4,000 or so attendance figure was a misprint, and he
had left off the 1 in front.  Does that mean when Michigan played Notre Dame
at the Palace when they set the attendance record, there were 16,000 Notre Dame
fans in attendance?  ;-)

Anybody hazard to guess at the reason for poor attendance?  Thursday night?
Too long of a drive?  The fact that the Palace is out in the middle of nowhere
and it's really a pain in the rounded padded thing that holds up the rest of
the weight of the body when seated to get out of there in any time under an
hour?  (Unless they really did some major road work since I've been there last.)
Two bad teams?  (Just kidding. ;-))

>And, for crying out loud, it would have been nice if they'd have
>given us an LSSU-MSU score at some point during the evening.

Actually, some of us are kind of glad you weren't getting updates, at least in
the third. :-(

G. M. Finniss
Michigan State University 1-2-0, 2-3-0

Last two games: MSU power play- 2 for 20.  Maybe we should take the 15 yards
instead.