From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1993 22:41:00 PST
17 December 1993, Yost Ice Arena, Ann Arbor MI
MICHIGAN 8 Illinois-Chicago 2

UIC       1  1  0 -- 2
Michigan  5  2  1 -- 8

 2:29 I McElwee 2 (unassisted) delayed penalty
 4:01 M Oliver 13 (Bourke,Wiseman)
 5:40 M Stone 7 (Sinclair)
 8:02 M Hilton 8 (Legg,Halko) ppg
10:56 M Knuble 15 (Wiseman,Oliver) ppg
11:50 M Sittler 5 (Shields) ppg
11:50 I Spencer replaces Featherstone in goal
20:00 M Gordon replaces Shields in goal
28:43 I Gohde 2 (unassisted)
30:16 M Fedorov 1 (Bourke,Oliver)
34:21 M Knuble 16 (Oliver) ppg
49:58 M Loges replaces Gordon in goal
56:49 M Willis 4 (Stone,Arnold)

18 December 1993, Yost Ice Arena, Ann Arbor MI
MICHIGAN 9 Illinois-Chicago 5

UIC       2  1  2 -- 5
Michigan  3  3  3 -- 9

  :56 I Mottau 7 (MacDonald,Knorr)
 4:24 M Luhning 3 (Hilton,Halko) ppg
10:12 M Sittler 6 (Knuble,Morrison)
12:51 M Knuble 17 (Morrison, Wiseman) ppg
14:33 I MacDonald 3 (Dennis) ppg
22:48 M Stone 8 (Bourke,Madden)
28:23 M Luhning 4 (Legg,Halko)
34:04 I Knorr 7 (Peron,Dennis) ppg
38:59 M Wiseman 6 (Oliver)
47:50 M Knuble 18 (Halko,Stone)
49:00 I Peron 13 (MacDonald,Dennis) 4-on-4
49:55 I Knorr 8 (Lacroix) ?4-on-4?
50:25 M Wiseman 7 (Knuble) ppg
58:26 M Madden 3 (Luhning)

Goaltenders: UIC Featherstone UM Shields

Attendance: 7262

Michigan sweeps the season series from the Flames (3-0-0) to move
to 13-0-1 in the CCHA and 16-1-1 overall.

Shields did not look good either night (especially Saturday), but
it goes in the book as two W's.

Junior Anton Fedorov's goal was the first in his collegiate career
(15 games).

David Oliver, the current CCHA scoring leader, moves to 10-21--31
in 14 league games, but he was ROBBED of a goal each night this
weekend.  Horrible calls.  On Saturday, referee Petterle not only
called the goal, but showed the exact spot of the net it hit.  Why
the goal was disallowed is a mystery to mankind.

Mike Knuble has 18 goals in 18 games, 14 on the power play.

And last, but not least, this was a VERY chippy series.  I actually
believe the Flames are hockey players masking as street thugs
masking as hockey players.  (You figure it out, it is a backhanded
compliment.)  I managed to get through both games without swearing
at Larry Pedrie or any of his players so my 1993-94 record remains
unblemished.  UIC is usually my one and only downfall each season.

  John H
  U Mich