From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1993 14:11:42 -0500
First off I want to thank the other MTU posters for taking over and posting
the scores and reports this weekend.  I banged up a knee saturday, and other
than going to the game sat night, I have been in a recliner with a bag of ice
for 3 days.  It had its advantages tho, like being able to watch the USA-Russia
game sat. but i hate crutches!

The USA Russia game was fun to watch, my only concern is I saw a lot of stuff
that I'm afraid team USA won't get away with during the olympics with
international refs.  But the comeback was fun to watch.

As for MTU  what can we say, they have the potential of being a good team,
but they have to start performing up to that level.  I t was mentioned that
Ram had a sub par night friday, but you have to remember what a SUB PAR
night for RAM is.... a lot of schools would like to have a a goalie that plays
like Ram on a sub par night.  The truth is Jamie hasn't been getting much help
(as Walt mentioned)  on friday night on 2 of the goals against him, he made the
 first 2 or 3 saves.  The defense has got to clear the puck out of there and
 take
some of the pressure off.   Right now it looks as tho they have lost their
confidence, and with every loss, it makes it harder to get that "WIN" to get
back on track.

I listened to the last period of the wisconsin , northern game sat, sounded
like a heroic comeback attempt by nmu that fell just short,  they were down
5-1 going into the 3rd and scored the 4th goal short handed on a 5 min major.
I also commend Comley for sending his player to the locker room, after the
major in a criticle part of the game.

Bob