From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1993 15:29:00 PDT
Excerpts from CHJ promotional flyer:

THE WAIT IS OVER.  COLLEGE HOCKEY JOURNAL -- the nation's only weekly source
of college hockey information -- IS HERE (with more of what you want).

MORE NEWS: With more than 40 correspondents, College Hockey Journal is the
only publication with writers reporting from each of the NC$$ Division I
schools.  Many of our correspondents are the beat writers from daily
newspapers in that area, which helps give College Hockey Journal readers the
freshest news and notes on a weekly basis.

MORE STATS: Each issue includes the latest team-by-team statistics, so you
can follow the progress of your favorite player as well as your favorite
team.  Game summaries and league standing round out our comprehensive stat
package.

MORE FEATURES: Some of the nation's leading college hockey journalists will
be reporting on the country's hottest players, teams and trends.  College
Hockey Journal will bring you the action whether its in Orono or Fairbanks,
Marquette or Schenectady.  Enjoy all of the color that makes college hockey
so exciting.

MORE OFTEN: Unlike other publication, College Hockey Journal is printed on a
weekly basis.  Why wait two weeks or even a month to read only a fraction of
the information you can get each week in College Hockey Journal?

PRE-SEASON SUBSCRIPTION OFFER: Order College Hockey Journal and get the most
complete coverage of Division I hockey available anywhere, delivered by mail
for 26 weeks for only $29 -- that's almost 45 percent off the cover price
and almost 20 percent lower that the standard $35 subscription rate.  This
special preseason offer is only good through October 22, 1993 so act now.

TO ORDER: Send a check for $29 (Canadian deliveries add $15 U.S.) to:

  College Hockey Journal
  PO Box 69
  Horton MI 49246

(Include name, address and phone).

END FLYER MATERIAL

A mix-up on my part created the delay in getting this information to you.
 (Sorry.)  I doubt that the pre-season deal is still valid.

I've seen the prototype...it looks pretty good.  The editor is Rich Griffis,
who recently re-located to Michigan from Fairbanks.  The publication will be
the standard large size on newsprint (ala THE HOCKEY NEWS).

If anyone does order a subscription...why not mention that you saw it on
Hockey-L or that your a member of Hockey-L?  I'm sure the recognition
wouldn't hurt.

  John Haeussler
  Univ of Michigan