From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1993 15:43:35 EST
Actually, Al Bourbeau of Harvard had a situation like Ted Drury when
he had taken a year off from Harvard to be Junior A, come back, and
then gone off to play in the Olympics.  When he returned for his senior
year at Harvard he had to get Papal dispensation from the NC$$ to be
eligible.

The rumour about Ted Drury, from the dubious Harvard Crimson, is that
he may be off to Calgary ... .  It seems the reporters at a postmortem
of the NC$$'s found Tripp Tracy waxing on about how sad he was that
he had played his last game with Ted.  I haven't heard anything since
then, but I did see Ted at a Women's lax game last Saturday, and
despite the cold and rain, he looked happy enough in his Harvard
great coat.  My guess would place him with the Olympic team, and
afterwards maybe going on to do the pros.  Harvard players usually
like to finish up their education with their friends, but some,
like Ed Krayer had to finish up a few years later.

I would add, with all this talk about players joining the Olympic
team late, he may do that. But again, that would be very un-Harvard.
I have always thought Team USA plays too many pro teams before the
event.  What's the point.  The tourneys you can get involved with in
Europe are much more to the point (large ice surface ...).

Now the big question, which list do I send this too??????
/
 good shooting
 rhun