From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1993 16:21:41 CST
 I know we're all waiting to hear results from Milwaukee, but in the mean
time, most of us have to start thinking about next year :-(.  Here's part
of a season wrap-up article by Patty Hegre in today's (4/1/93) Minnesota Daily
"Gophers mature into title contenders"

(stuff deleted)

With a talented class of recruits who join the program next year,
another promising season is on the horizon for the Gophers.

The new recruits include defensemen Brian LaFleur (Jefferson), Brett
Abrahamson (Tartan), forwards Nick Checco (Jefferson) and Brent
Godbout (Hill-Murray), in addition to Danny Hendrickson and John
Hillman of the St. Paul Vulcans.

The new rookie class and the balance of the Minnesota roster will be
called upon to replace Richards, Brill and goalie Tom Newman who will
be lost to graduation. The Gophers may also lose juniors Eric Means,
who may graduate early, and Craig Johnson to the Olympic team.

Regardless of the personnel, the Gophers will reload and be ready for
the opening draw in the new Mariucci Arena next season.

(end quoted Material)

Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!!
1993 WCHA Playoff Champions!!!