From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1993 10:21:19 EST
Seeing so many postings suggesting different playoff formats, I
thought I would share a way I have been amusing myself with for the
last few years.  The League winner is seeded first, the Conference
Tourney winner is seeded second, and the other two spots are the next
highest seeds in the league.

Elimination Round  (2 game total goal)((Despite the Goaltenders' Union))
Campus sites

HE1  h  CC4      ME   h  MSU      EC1  h  WC4      Har  h  MTU
HE2  h  CC3      BU   h  MI       EC2  h  WC3      Cla  h  Wis
CC1  h  HE3      Mia  h  UNH      WC1  h  EC3      M-D  h  RPI
CC2  h  HE4      LSS  h  UML      WC2  h  EC4      Min  h  Bro

(Conference cross-over would switch every year: ie. next year HE1  h  WC4)

NCAA Regionals  (2 sites)  (Best 2 of 3 games)

East                              West

HE1  v  WC2      ME   v  Min      CC1  v  HE2      Mia  v  BU  (or MI)
EC1  v  CC2      Har  v  LSS      WC1  v  EC2      M-D  v  Cla (or Wis)

NCAA Final Four  (1 game)

"HE1" v "WC1"    ME   v  M-D      "EC1" v "CC1"    LSS  v  Mia

                 Final:  ME  v  Mia   (Maine still wins 9-6!)

I see that NMU does not make it this way, which I would have to say
is a shame, since they are playing so well.  However the strength
of this method is that its all automatic.  Each team knows exactly
what it has to do.

/
 good shooting
 rhun