Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1992 09:02:04 -0500
 From this morning's Star Tribune in an article by JOhn Gilbert:

 The next three weekends will be pivotal fro the Gophers. After the series at
 Northern, they come home to play Wisconsin (Friday at Mariucci, Saturday at
 Met Center, where less than 500 tickets remain<!!>), then they go to Denver,
 which is the WCHA's surprise team of the first two weekends. Denver swept
 Minnesota-Duluth on opening weekend, and swept two games at St Cloud last
 weeekend for a 4-0 start. The Pioneers will face Colorado College in a
 home-and-home series this weekend.

 Wisconsin and Michigan Tech, baoth 3-1, will play two games at Houghton,
 mich., this weekend. North Dakota is at UMD. Mankato State plays at home
 against Alaska-Fairbanks at 7:05 tonight and Saturday.

 Denver's Angelo Ricci, who has four goals and eight assists for 12 points, is
 the WCHA scoring leader. He's one ahead of UMD's Chris Marinucci (5,6-11) and
 two ahead of Wisconsin's Barry Richter (2,8-10).

 Jeff nielsen moves to wing with center Darby Hendrickson and Craig Johnson,
 after tha line scored only one full-strength goal last weekend. Scott Bell
 moves to wing wtih center Steve Magnusson and John Brill.
 <end of quoted material>

 I wonder what IS going on with Denver???  Has the whole group I watch hockey
 with mystified!!??  Either Serratore is a miracle worker or it's a fluke.

 Also, anyone who would like to post the WCHA scores this weekend...please go
 ahead. Erik will be off Hunting and I am normally off-line all weekend!
 good luck to everyone this weekend, except those who play the Gophers!