Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1992 15:15:20 EST
   While I'm tipping my hat to MSU and their fans,I feel that there is one guy
I have to point out.  Regretably,I did not ask his name when I was talking to
him.  Anyway,he was one of about 10 MSU fans who had the nerve/guts to show
their faces at the UMaine pep rally before the game.  He was dressed in green,
and was basically a one-man-band with several instruments.  He performed a
dance which the crowd thoroughly enjoyed.  Unfortunately a few of the fans were
out of hand and began to shout insults at the man.  But the guy knew that they
were a small minority,and continued.  Throughout the rally,and of course during
 the game,his smile never left his face.  He was a real pleasure to watch and
meet.  I just wish that more fans were like him.
     I must say that despite being outnumbered 3 or 4 to 1,the MSU fans came to
 cheer and during the second period easily were more into it than our fans.
This is understandable since we had just gotten off of thirteen busses after a
6-hour ride.  The MSU fans came to cheer,and did they ever.  The band was never
quiet for more than a few minutes,before they were up,leading another cheer.
I'm sure that even more MSU fans will be rocking the Knick this week.
I hate to cheer against them,but"Go Maize and Blue!!!!"

                                                       JSH Forsyth
                                                     NYA '91 UMO '95

"They aren't neccessarily a better team,they just played better than us....
today."    -Marv Levy,after losing SuperBowl XXVI to Washington
"Today,they were a better team."   -me

"They aren't better,just luckier"  -me,after UMaine lost to MSU in the NC$$
Regionals                                                (let the flames begin)