Date:
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 02:16:19 -0500
Kevin Ames wrote:

> I incorrectly posted that Ben Clymer would be ineligible without the med
> reshirt, I was mistaken he would be a senior without it.

Ahm, did I miss something?  Why would Ben Clymer be a senior if the redshirt
isn't granted?  In '95-'96, he played high school hockey.  In '96-'97, he
played his freshman year for the Gophers.  In '97-'98, he played 3 1/2
periods at UM.  Considering that, I have two questions:

1) Shouldn't he be a junior if the redshirt isn't granted?  He would have
played only one season in college.\

2) Is there some serious bungling going on in the Minnesota athletic
department?  It seems to me that if there is ever a case of someone being
eligible for a medical redshirt, it should be Clymer.  He went down during
the first regular season game of the year.  Why is this question still
cropping up in July?

J. Michael Neal