From:
David W Hatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 08:09:47 -0500
Mark Lewin wrote:
>>Actually I don't believe it did sell out in 1992.  Attendance I believe
>>was 13,000 something.  A lot of seats in the upper deck remained empty.
>>think the only time the Knick has sold out were for the NC$$
Sub-Regionals
>>Basketball tournament.
>
>It also sold out all 12 times the Grateful Dead played at the
>Knick between 1990 and 1995. I would know since I went to all
>12 shows.

hey Mark, did you take a VW bus to all those shows?!?  Geesh :-)
btw, has anyone seen the new VW bug?  I heard it has a place to put flowers
in the dash...hello, Volkswagon, the 60's are over, man...

>Obligatory hockey content:  I can't think of anything right now
>but I'm sure I'll have a flashback shortly  ;-)

you must still be recovering from the Dead shows.  ;-))

------------------------

Regarding the weather post, I absolutely agree.  I've been wearing shorts
to work the last 3 days.  First time I've ever done that in March.  Even
though the temps are closer to "normal" today (& dipping as the week
continues), it's still better than 2-3' of powdery white stuff.  If the
Frozen Four was in Boston last year, that would have been a horror show -
or a 3-day love-in like the 78 Beanpot.

-------------------------

Regarding scrapping the neutral sites for regionals, I don't think this is
a good idea.  In addition to the reasons already mentioned, underdogs
upsetting higher seeds (which seems to happen often) would mean multiple -
potentially long distance - road trips.  That wouldn't be as bad if the
regionals decided not to swap 2 East/West teams & become all East - all
West.  But, I enjoy seeing other teams I wouldn't otherwise see.

>> I'd believe 2 1-0 games in the semis and a 28 goal game in the finals.
>> After this past weekend, nothing would surprise me.
>
>I thought I was completely beyond surprise in hockey until Kazahkstan
>defeated Iceland 63-0 in the European D Pool Championship.

Thankfully, that was an aberration for hockey.  That score is more like an
early-season steriod-ball blow-out between Nebraska (or any big-time
power-house) & No Name U.

Dave
UML'86