From:
"Cheryl A. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl A. Morris
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 18:57:35 -0500
I'm pretty sure it was a high stick.  When I saw the goal I thought Laing
had just whiffed--he stuck his glove out and the puck wasn't there.  When
I got home I saw the replay on Fox23.  Kovack clearly has his stick held
above his shoulder.  Definitive.  According to Noeth, Kovack never touched
the puck.  But in this morning's T-U Kovack admits he touched the puck,
calling it "my goal":"I can say I touched it, but I can't say how high the
stick blade was."

Those are the breaks of the game.  RPI's D simply got lost every time
Cornell put the puck behind the goal, so I'm not sure whether the goal
would have mattered or not.  And of course the Cornell fans think it was
payback for Saturday.  Congrats to Cornell and their loyal fans.  RPI's
fans are like most accounts, moribund.  But the spirit in the Fieldhouse
this season has been somewhat disappointing.  But there's always next
year...
Brian Morris                 RPI Engineers--The Season's Over