From:
Jeremy D Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy D Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 19:05:53 -0400
On Mon, 11 Aug 1997 12:58:18 -0400 Bill Fenwick
<[log in to unmask]> writes:

>All four conferences will receive two automatic berths to the
>postseason in
>1998.  Also, "...the committee noted the establishment of the Metro
>Atlantic
>Athletic Conference for hockey."  I confess I'm not sure what that is.
> Has this
>been around for a while and is just coming to the attention of the
>committee?
> Or is it a for-real new conference, perhaps the long-rumored fifth
>Div. I
>league?  (I think I've heard of the MAAC in basketball/football)

I think this might be the fifth D-I league...I remember back in 1993 or
so that this was the name given for the rumored 5th league back then (but
it also included schools like Georgetown and Siena at the time)...

Since Canisius & Fairfield are two of the teams rumored to be in the new
league, and they are also in the MAAC for basketball, the MAAC for hockey
is probably, at long last, the 5th D-I league...

Jeremy Hall
Clarkson '91
LET'S GO TECH!!!