From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 11:41:30 -0400
I may be dead wrong, but I believe the concept of what Olympic size is, is
open to debate.  I had always thought it as 200' x 100' like the 1980 rink
at Lake Placid and the Towse Rink at UNH.  But I have heard Calgary's
and Northeastern's 200' x 90' surfaces called Olympic size.  For the
record, Harvard's Bright Hockey Center is 204' x 87'.

I heard a vicious rumour that Hockey East and the ECAC were re-merging
into one conference: America East.  The teams will only play each other
once a year and only two teams will make the NC$$'s, as that tournament
will go back to an 8 team format and give three automatic places to the
WCHA and CCHA!  The NC$$'s will also revert to campus sites for the
opening round, two-game total-goal series!!!  YESSSSSS!  I love that part!

Well at least the days are getting shorter so it can't be that long till
the Harvard-McGill Men's game and the TUSA Women's match at Matthews.

/
 good shooting
 hungerf