From:
Terry Paul Kasdan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terry Paul Kasdan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 19:25:05 -0500
---------- Forwarded message ----------

For Immediate Press Release

From:  Eastern Michigan University Hockey Sports Information Director

Date:  April 20, 1996

1997 American Collegiate Hockey Association (A.C.H.A.) National Tournament to
be hosted by Eastern Michigan University

Chicago, IL -  Today the American Collegiate Hockey Association (A.C.H.A.)
selected Eastern Michigan University to serve as the host for the 1997 A.C.H.A.
Division I Ice Hockey National Tournament, beating out bids from the University
of Delaware and the Inwood Ice Complex in Joliet, IL.  The tournament will be
held from Tuesday, March 4, 1997, through Saturday, March 8, 1997, at the Ann
Arbor Ice Cube.  The "Cube," as it is known, is located at 2121 Oak Valley
Drive in Ann Arbor, MI [(313) 213-1600].  This will mark the first time in its
19 year existence that Eastern Michigan has hosted the National Championships.

The tournament will feature the top-ten ranked teams in Division I, as
determined by the A.C.H.A. Ranking Committee, from a pool of 30 teams.  Last
years' participants along with Eastern Michigan University included Ohio
University, Iowa State University, Penn State University, the University of
Arizona, the University of Michigan-Dearborn, Arizona State University, West
Virginia University, the University of Delaware, and Towson State University.

   For a listing of A.C.H.A. teams and their Web sites, visit
   http://www.emich.edu/public/hockey/web/achaweb.html
   on the World Wide Web.

            \\\\\///
            / ^   _ \
 |       Terry P. Kasdan          |         Visit my homepage!         |
 |  [log in to unmask]    | http://students.uiuc.edu/~t-kasdan |
          .oooO   (   |
            \_)