From:
"Tuthill, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tuthill, Richard
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 1996 08:43:00 EST
     Let me get this straight.   All four eastern teams vying for a first
night NCAA bye lost last night?   Well,  BU was bomb-proof anyway for 1E.
  But the other three ....

     Of course I'm particularly exasperated by Tech who had the door opened
wide open for them by UVM's loss,  but once again failed to pick it up a
notch.   And now they might not even go to the dance!!!   Or,  then again,
 with the right juxtaposition of the moon and the stars they could end up
with 2E.   That is truly bizarre.

     Let me take this one last opportunity to rant and rave about how
inappropriate it is to hold the ECAC's in Placid.   Get off that wide ice,
 folks!   It selects the wrong teams as tournament champions,  and it
adversely influences the ECAC teams' style of play on the next weekend if
the NC$$'s are not held at a big-ice venue.

     The ECAC should make the Knick its permanent home.

     -- Dick Tuthill