From:
Leigh M Torbin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leigh M Torbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 02:55:22 -0500
> >LEN CEGLARSKI AWARD:  Todd Hall, New Hampshire
> >(Individual Sportsmanship)
>
> I had thought two leading candidates for the Ceglarski Award were Pandolfo
> (40 HE pts, 6 PIM) and Jeff Daw (28, 4).  I had not even considered Hall,
> but when I heard he was the winner, I nodded and thought it was a truly
> wonderful choice.

Plus, don't forget, Hall played under Ceglarski his freshman year at BC
before transfering to UNH once the Cedorchuk regime took over. The two
were reportedly fond of each other and I'm sure that Hall is honored to
win an award with his name on it.

> My second choice for Coach of the Year would have been BC's Jerry York.

        While I agree that Crowder should have won this award in a
run-away, there is no doubt that Paul Pooley had to be the second place
candidate. Considering how low PC was picked to start the year and where
they finished it's remarkable. Unlike York, who had the sense to put
Reasoner, Hymovitz and Chase together on Jan. 19 (9-3 afterwards, 7-12-3
before), Pooley had to alter his entire system instead of just one line.
It takes tremendous dicipline to work the trap, especially when dealing
with college kids. What he did this year is nothing short of tremendous.

Leigh