From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 1996 21:19:42 -0400
Leigh Torbin wrote:

> BEST UNIFORMS

> BC's much better now that York went back to the gold helmets, those are
> much better than Cedorchuk's. There's an awful lot of tradition in those
> and throwing that away and wearing maroon ones was a travesty.

I also disklied the design of Cederchuks uniforms, which had almost
no gold on them at all.

> Gotta' love the Michigan helmets.

Actually, I completely dislike those Michigan helmets.  I have never
liked them and I never will.

> The one that's missing here that I'd love to see is the Notre Dame
> special jersey. That IS my favorite hockey jersey of all time, at any
> level, anywhere. There isn't even a second in my book, those just crush
> any and all sweaters. NHL, juniors, high schools, I've never seen one I
> like more.

I must admit that I either I have never seen these uniforms, I if I
did, I did not think much of them.

>       Also I assume this is DI only, because DIII has the greatest
> nickname rivalry around when hated intrastate rivals Colby and Bowdoin
> clash it's th White Mules against the Polar Bears. Beat that!

Well, I don't much care for White Mules, but I really love Polar
Bears (and Nanooks, for that matter ;-D  ).  I also really like
Panthers, which is the nickname of Middlebury, another Vermont
school.

> BEST ARENAS

> Apparently noone who voted has been to the Mullins Center yet. I've been
> to most of the eastern rinks myself and the more I go on the road, the
> more I learn to appreciate its amenities.

I have been to the Mullins Center three times, and while it is a
great new arena, I do not consider it one of the best in the East.
At all three games, despite good crowds, as a fan, I never felt interested, or
involed in the games.  For me, it is not a hockey arena, but a
basketball arena in which hockey happens to be played.

> TOUGHEST ARENAS TO VISIT

>       Are we talking as a fan or as a player here?
>       As a fan I agree 100% with Volpe.
>       As a player though MC is not a tough place at all. The crowd's
> usually under 1,000 and not too vocal, and there's nothing wrong with the
> ice itself. The locker rooms are fine as well.

Well, for BU games there have usually been 2500-3000 plus in
attendance.  Also, the lighting is poor in my opinion, plus the roof
is low.  Also, Merrimack has played BU very tough at Volpe over the
past several years, plus they have played some very good games
against Maine there recently.

Sean Pickett            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers  1995 NCAA, Hockey East and Beanpot Champions
BU Hockey:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/hockey.html
The Bedford Flag:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/flag.html
But I Digress:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/bid.html