From:
Donovan D Verrill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donovan D Verrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 13:28:57 -0600
On Sat, 3 Feb 1996, Aaron Lindman wrote:

> the thing that bothers me the most is the class of UND fans.

Perhaps you should say some UND fans....
                       ^^^^
> but throwing newspaper, cups, pennies, etc, that is just wrong.

Most UND fans would agree with you on this point.

> if that is what you consider class, UND has something to learn about class
> and should go to any WCHA school and take some lessons.

It is not what I would consider class, and I'm sure it is not what most
UND students would consider classy behavior.  Are you trying to say here
that every WCHA school doesn't have a few bad apples that behave
inappropriately at hockey games??

> it was a great game played by both teams.

Yes it was, wasn't it?

> hey UND, get some class, this makes all fans look bad.

You're right, but what can the rest of us do about it??  It is not
helpful to generalize to the entire UND fan contingent by saying UND
should get some class.  Yes, there are some fans that throw things onto
the ice, and these fans embarass me as a fan.  But we should try not to
label an entire school as classless because some fans act like *$#holes,
should we??

The kind of behavior you're talking about here troubles most hockey fans,
not just the fans of the opposing teams.

Donovan Verrill                                 [log in to unmask]

               *  A bus station is where a bus stops     *
               *  A train station is where a train stops *
               *  At my desk I have a work station       *