From:
Chuck Kucera <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 1996 11:59:27 -0500
>I would much rather be playing someone like Minnesota or Boston Univ or
>Colorado College in some one point overtime win (or loss).  These blowouts
>are not very exciting games anymore.  I always think these games (1)lull the
>players into thinking they can beat anybody (2)get the players into bad
>habits (just because a certain pass works against a slower non-aggresive
>defense does not mean that it will work agains a number one team) (3)burn
our
>team out before we get to the big games.  It's great that we end the final 2
>weeks of the season against the contenders for the CCHA crown.  That will
>tell all of us how good UM really is - not these blowouts against the second
>division teams.
>
>Hey you BU or Minnesota players!!! Can't you sneak into Ann Arbor next
>weekend for a  mid-season showdown???

Didn't we already beat you once this year? You want us to make it twice?

Seriously, it would be nice to see a non-conference game or two late
in the season. Maybe a tourney with the 4 division leaders facing off
in a possible Final 4 preview. BU has the Beanpot to create some
excitement at this time of year, but no one in that tournament is
worthwhile for them to play.

Go Gophers! The unbeaten streak rolls on! Sorry, Cheeseheads.