From:
"Arthur C. Mintz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Arthur C. Mintz
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 20:41:39 -0500
>Okay, I'll bite...
>
>Can anybody tell me what was illegal about the curvature of Cronan's stick?
>And how exactly does one spot such a thing during the game?

Rule 3: Equipment
Section 1: Sticks
Paragraph b: No stick shall exceed 60 inches in length from the heel to the
end of the shaft nor more than 12 1/2 inches from the heel to the end of
the blade. The blade of the stick shall not be more than 3 inches or less
than 2 inches wide at any point. All edges of the blade shall be beveled.
     The curvature of the blade of all sticks shall be restricted in such a
way that the distance of a perpendicular line measured from a straight line
drawn from the base of the heel to the base of the toe and the point of
maximum curvature shall not exceed one-half inch.

(end quoted material)

Cronan's stick had a curvature of more than one-half inch. And no, I have
no idea how anyone noticed.