From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 11:40:49 -0600
>>        Don Amiot, MSU Director of Men's Athletics, echoed Rush's
>>sentiments.  "The granting of the waiver is important to us for several
>>reasons," said Amiot.  "From a scheduling stand-point it means that other
>>NCAA Division I hockey programs can play us immediately without impacting
>>their power rating. It also will allow our coaching staff to immediately
>>begin to recruit for student-athletes on the same basis as other NCAA
>>Division I programs."

That's a strange analysis.  Div1 schools can play Mankato State right now
without having an effect on their RPI, as those games are excluded from the
calculations.  Once Mankato State is a Div1 team, some Div1 teams might be
reluctant to play them due to the impact on their strength of schedule.

-- Erik
Erik Biever
GO GOPHERS!  SKI-U-MAH!