From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 1995 17:56:13 EST
Peter Dankens wrote:
> P.S.  Any truth to the rumor reported in last week's Boston
> Globe that Jack Parker will bring in Steve Cedorchuk to replace
> Blaise McDonald when he leaves in January.  I'd love to see
> Cedor recruiting for the Terriers!!!

I would sooner crawl through dog vomit than see Cedorchuk behind ANY collegiate
bench.  Only BU's most vicious enemies could wish him upon the Terriers.
This would be like bringing Adolf Hitler back from the dead and making him a
guest speaker at the local synagogue.  I honestly don't feel that I'm using
hyperbole here -- I am that horrified at this prospect!

Cedorchuk, either through incompetence or treachery, let kids come to BC
believing they had scholarships that he didn't have and then told them things
like, "Throw out that bill from the registrar."   I won't rehash the entire
story -- newcomers can check the archives for the Boston Globe investigative
story that Cedorchuk never refuted -- but to my mind there should never, ever
be any attempt to rehabilitate Cedorchuk.  He should remain banished from the
game until the day he dies and then he can go and rot in hell.  This guy
stole the dream that kids had worked their whole lives for and then spat on it.

Last summer I was paired with three of his friends in a golfing foursome and
they claimed that he was being blackballed and that he was "just a city kid who
got caught with too many balls up in the air."  I launched into a five minute
diatribe that ended with my honest feeling that his merely being blackballed
from the game constituted essentially a wrist-slap and that if I were
Dictator of the Universe he'd be pounding rocks in Siberia.  Things got quiet
in the foursome.  My winsome, tactful comments didn't generate a lot of help
on the back nine looking for any golf balls I hit astray.

BU is currently in among the most advantageous positions in the country when
it comes to recruiting.  For them to throw that away by hiring Cedorchuk
would be like Madonna being named the next Pope.

Although my first allegiance is to UMass-Lowell, I am a BU alum and a part-
time instructor there.  I was delighted when BU won the national championship
last year.  But if they hired Cedorchuk -- ESPECIALLY in a recruiting
position -- my first inclination would be to take my red Terriers sweatshirt
out to the back yard, piss on it and set it on fire.

Sorry for beating around the bush.

*****************************************************        ,-******-,
* Dave Hendrickson    "Robo"     [log in to unmask] *     *'     ##     '*
*        A Hockey Polygamist and Get-A-Lifer        *   *##   ___##___   ##*
* GO BROONS!!!      Go Red Wings!!      Go Canucks! *  *   ##|   ___  \##   *
* GO UMASS-LOWELL!!!      Go BU!!         Go Maine! * *      |  |___)  |     *
* Although I can't remember ever having an original * *      |  |___)  |     *
* thought, and am certainly parroting someone who   *  *   ##|________/##   *
* actually has a brain, these opinions are mine,    *   *##      ##      ##*
* not Hewlett-Packard's.                            *     *,     ##     ,*