From:
Jim Teresco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 1991 12:03:32 EST
I sent this out yesterday, but I think it got lost in some network
problems here...Sorry if it's a repeat.

Vermont 3, Union 1
Nov. 9, 1991 at Burlington, VT.

Union College Skating Dutchmen    0 0 1 - 1
University of Vermont Catamounts  0 2 1 - 3

Scoring:
1st Period:
none.

2nd Period:
Vermont: Brendan Creagh(Mike Larkin, Toby Kearney) 3:53
Vermont: Joe McCarthy(Travis Lehouiller, Scott MacDonald) 10:13

3rd Period:
Vermont: Toby Kearney(Mike McLaughlin, Tim Fingerhut) 3:00
Union: Craig Ferrero 2 (Dalton Menhall, Bill Railton) 4:36

Shots on goal:
Union      7- 6- 8--21
Vermont   16-15-14--45

Goaltending:
Mike Gallant (Union) 45 shots, 42 saves, 0-1-0 record.
Christian Soucy(UVM) 21 shots, 20 saves, 3-1-0 record.

Attendance: 4,035

Power Plays: Union 0 of 6, UVM 0 of 6.

Freshman Goaltender Mike Gallant of Union stopped 42 UVM shots, but it
was not enough, as the Catamounts beat the Dutchmen, 3-1, in the ECAC
League opener for both teams.  Union did well to keep the game this
close, as they were outshot 45-21.  Union showed great improvement on
their penalty killing, as they killed all 6 UVM power plays.

Offense was a problem for Union, with only the first line showing the
ability to generate pressure.  Union has been accustomed to being as
quick as or quicker than their opponents in Division III, and usually
had time to set up for the perfect shot.  This year, however, everyone
is quick, and the Dutchmen often have their plays broken up before
they even get a shot off.  The only period in two games this year in
which Union has reached double digits in shots was 15 during their 6
goal outburst in the 2nd period against Merrimack.  Union was also 0
for 6 on the power play.

Union falls to 0-1 in the ECAC and 0-2 overall, as UVM is 1-0 in the
ECAC and 3-1 overall.  Union returns to Achilles Rink for their ECAC
Home Opener against Harvard this Friday.  Game time is 7:30.

--
| Jim Teresco			Union College                                 |
| [log in to unmask]	Schenectady, NY 12308			      |