From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 13:56:12 -0500
Ted Halm writes:
>Maybe we're a little too crazy about national polls.  I know Western
>Michigan deserves to be ranked (higher), but in reality, if they keep up
>their current win percentage they will be rewarded come playoff time.

Just for clarification, and since I started it all off, the intent of
my post was not specifically to complain about the polls.  It was
to point out to everyone what a great start WMU is off to and to make
everyone aware that they are a team to keep an eye on, counter to what
some of the polls may be telling you.  There are people who just look
at the polls to find out who the teams are across the country that
they should be aware of.  I personally hardly ever notice the polls
unless someone draws my attention to them.

Also, I noticed someone commented about it as if I were a WMU fan,
which of course is not the case.  But that doesn't change the fact
that they seem to have been underrecognized thus far.  Hey, sometimes
we can talk about and appreciate teams other than our own. :-)
Mike Machnik                 [log in to unmask]           [log in to unmask]
*****      Unofficial Merrimack Hockey home page located at:        *****
***** http://www.tiac.net/users/machnik/MChockey/MChockey.html      *****