From:
"Luiz F. Valente" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luiz F. Valente
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 14:20:37 EST
>Posted on 14 Nov 1995 at 01:39:08 by Antony Garcia
>
>In defense of Steve Martins
>
>This is a bit off the subject of running goalies, but, with all due
>respect to Brian (and the disclaimer that I may be accused of being
>partial!), I disagree.  I have seen many Harvard games between 1992 and
>1995 and I can testify that Martins did not make a habit of running
>goalies.  Steve Martins is not only a speedster, but also a very skillful
>playmaker and scorer who didn't need to resort to such tactics "to get a
>team off its game."

Tony is only partly right. Steve Martins was an exceptionally skilled
player, and as such he didn't, of course, need to resort to dirty tactics.
Unfortunately, he DID resort to dirty tactics. This is why he spent
so much time in the penalty box, thus, in the end hurting his own team.

Luiz F. Valente