From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 1995 05:56:45 PST
It was good to see that RPI finally won their first game with Rensselaer on
their uniforms, and even better to see that they were apparently able to skate
with Vermont, at least if I rely on the shots on goal.  This is certainly
better than the complete domination shown by Lowell and Bowling Green a couple
of weeks ago.  Hopefully, this improvement will continue.

Someone posted some time ago that RPI games were going to be on WPTR besides
for WRPI this year.  Looking through a lot of junk that I kept from my days in
Troy, I determined that WPTR was at 1540 on the AM dial.  I figured that I
might be able to get this station through a tremendous amount of static and
other stations, but didn't.  (I can get WGY, but they are clear channel.)
Does anyone know 1) are all of RPI's games on WPTR?, and 2) how powerful is
this station.  3) Someone mentioned last year about some special radio that
improves distant reception.  Does anyone still have this info?

Note to Jayson and Kurt, there is no hope in getting WRPI here, although years
ago, I did once manage to get WRPI-FM while in NYC.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74