From:
Roger Spurgeon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roger Spurgeon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 1995 20:55:10 -0500
A last minute road trip got me to Goggin Ice Arena in Oxford, OH about
five minutes before they dropped the puck.

From 0:00 of the first, Miami didn't really seem to be able to keep up
with Michigan.  My thoughts were that Miami had gotten so pumped up for
Friday's close, hard fought game and losing it by letting the Wolverines
come back from a 2 goal decifit drained all the momentum, energy, and will
that was given to them for the weekend.

The game was rather slow, as Referee Edwards seemed to call progressively
more penalties as the game went on.  In the final ten minutes, he seemed
to call every little thing, dragging the game on much longer.  All three
of the game DQ's that were called were deserved, IMHO.  Michigan coach Red
Berenson's comments from Sunday' Ann Arbor News indicate that he disagrees
with me.  Red was also not happy about his team getting 18 penalties for
58 minutes.  In the third period, Warren Luhning proceeded to punch, in
the face, the Miami player he was locked up with.  This punch came well
after the whistle and right in front of Edwards (Edwards was calling the
two for minors already).

The Miami crowd was quieter than a Michigan football crowd in the Big
House ;-), they too seemed drained after Friday night's loss.

A big bonus about the trip--the parking was free!

To finish Kenneth's scoring summary, the second linesman was Dobrzelewski.

Michigan next faces Alaska-Fairbanks at Yost Ice Arena in Ann Arbor on
Friday and Saturday.

Drop the Puck!
roger

Roger L. Spurgeon                                        [log in to unmask]
Systems Research Programmer, M-Net           http://www.umich.edu/~rls
University of Michigan Medical Center