From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 1995 23:55:40 -0100
Hockey East will kick off its 12th season by holding its annual Media Day
on Thursday, October 5th, beginning at 11:30 am with a luncheon at Legends
Restaurant inside the FleetCenter.

This will mark a change for the league, as in the past the event has
usually been held at Blades and Boards in the Garden (also once at BC and
once at UNH).

Among other things, the coaches' pre-season rankings and All-HE team will
be announced.

I'll be posting to INFO-HOCKEY-L these and other pieces of information from
the day later on Thursday (unless someone beats me to it).  If anyone out
there will also be present, feel free to drop me a line or else just say hi
at the proceedings.

While there are no head coaching changes in HE this year, there are some
changes in that I believe five schools have new hockey SIDs and two schools
(UNH & NU) will be playing in new or renovated arenas this season.  Several
schools also will welcome new assistant coaches.

The league begins play the weekend of Oct 13-15 with 6 of the 9 teams
involved in nonconference or exhibition games, including Maine's appearance
in the Great Western Freeze Out in Inglewood and Anaheim, CA (the home of
the 1999 NCAA Championships).  HE conference action begins the weekend of
Oct 20-21 with only two league games, a home-and-home between Providence
and Merrimack.

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93
***** Unofficial Merrimack Hockey home page under construction at:  *****