From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 1995 10:09:20 -0400
Cal Ingraham's suspension to the best of my knowledge had to do with some
technicalities with his transfer from Air Force.. but they were not
academically related, I believe.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong
here.  The way I understood it was that he did not sit out enough games
in his first season at Maine (1991-2 I believe) and that when the infraction
was found, he immediately sat out his next 14 games.

On another interesting note.. I don't have the stats right handy, but
Jeff Tory had a very successfull academic year at Maine last year.  His
GPA was over 3.0 I believe.. Sean Pickett or someone might have a list
that they could check that on..

Sean is right too.. the Jeff Tory and Cal Ingraham issues have already
been dealt with and are not on the NCAA's table right now.  Maine's
troubles with the NCAA lie for the most part in the Administration..
specifically the AD and Compliance offices.  The student-atheletes are
not really the cause of the problems Maine had.

-Deron